Are you planning to travel soon? Many countries have adopted travel restrictions that might affect you. Flights have been affected, forcing several Airlines to adopt a consolidated schedule. The change has been necessitated by travel and operational curbs adopted by various states including the Asian business center. Here is COVID-19 travel information that will help you on your next flight.
You first need to have the latest information on travel restrictions. Visit the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Travel News page to access this vital information.
It is wise not to travel to areas recording high infection rates. If you must travel to such destinations, be keen on your health during and after your journey. Be keen on the following:
- Be cleared to travel and get advice from a qualified healthcare provider before commencing your journey.
- If you have a cough or fever, do not travel. The choice not to travel should be adopted even when you have general sickness that might not have Covid-19 symptoms. If you decide to travel when sick, you endanger others in your plane or whichever vessel you will be using. Additionally, you are likely to have a bad travel experience depending on COVID regulations in your destination.
- Follow appropriate food hygiene. This food hygiene includes avoiding undercooked and raw meat products. Undercooked meat is linked to a potential mechanism of spreading this deadly virus. It is worth noting that there are areas where people eat raw meat, to avoid this practice.
- Avoid contact with live animals and do not tour open markets in areas that have confirmed Covid-19 cases. There is evidence of Covid-19 in live animals. They are a potential risk. Surfaces used by animals should only be touched when wearing protective gear. Avoid crowds even in places you might like to experience, like open markets.
- Ensure there is an appropriate distance between you and people coughing and sneezing. You also need to adhere to healthy hand hygiene as you travel. Most health practitioners believe a distance of one to two meters is a reliable shield. On top of this measure, wash your hands regularly with soap and running water.
- Do not hesitate to seek medication if you experience respiratory complications while traveling. When this happens, share your travel history for the last 14 days. Being open about your travel data will help the medics to give you the best available care. Where possible, it is advisable to share this information even before reaching the facility.
Before starting your journey and during your trip, have local health advice and monitor any changes. There is a possibility of local authorities starting to implement alternative health screening and travel restrictions. Prepare for potential canceled flights.
Some service providers demand that all passengers answer health screening questions after checking in at airports. Other destinations need a health declaration form to be filled before you are allowed to board a flight to their territory. Be prepared to handle these requirements.
All passengers that are two years and older are required to adhere to the face-covering protective measure. A surgical face covering must be worn while traveling. Therefore, seek clarification if you are not able to use a mask. Here are instances where you will be required to wear your mask.
- When disembarkation.
- In the lounges.
- During check-in.
- While in the aircraft cabin.
- Whenever asked to do so by the cabin crew or airport team.
Travelers are required to purchase their surgical face covering and ensure the size is fit enough to cover your mouth and nose without leaving any spaces. You are only allowed to remove your mask while eating or during medical emergencies.
While at the airport, make sure you have a mask and maintain distance while at baggage collection areas and on security lines. Additionally, the airport terminal is considered a public place, and wearing a mask in these areas is mandatory.
After a successful trip with help of COVID-19 Travel Information, kindly isolate yourself if where you visited has CoronaVirus cases. A 14-day quarantine is recommended to control the spread of this global monster.